54 Fairmount Avenue
**Please DO NOT request police service, report crimes/incidents or request permission to park overnight using the email@example.com e-mail address. This e-mail address is not monitored 24 hours per day and is intended for general police related inquiries only and is monitored during normal Borough business hours. Requests for police service, crime/incident reports or permission to park must be directed to our dispatch center at (973) 635-8000. For police emergencies only please dial – 911.
Police Department - Emergency Only: 911
The Borough of Chatham Police Department Vision is to :
- Provide quality and professional law enforcement services to the community. Commitment to the professional development of the employees of the Chatham Borough Police Department .
- Recognize that the quality of life issues are important to the community and the members of the Chatham Borough Police Department.
- The Chatham Borough Police Department shall respond to the changing needs of the community and its members. This shall be accomplished through the principles of community policing, leadership, teamwork and dedication by all members of the department.
To achieve this vision the Borough of Chatham Police Department Mission is to:
Commit resources in partnership with the community to:
- Promote a safe and secure environment, free from crime and fear of crime,
- Maintain order and provide for a safe and expeditious flow of traffic,
- Practice our core values of integrity, respect, service and fairness.
INTEGRITY: Integrity is the hallmark of the Chatham Borough Police Department and we are committed to the highest performance standards, ethical conduct and truthfulness in all relationships.
We hold ourselves accountable for our actions and take pride in a professional level of service and fairness to all.
RESPECT: We treat all persons in a dignified and courteous manner, and exhibit understanding of ethnic and cultural diversity, both in our professional and personal endeavors.
We guarantee to uphold the principles and values embodied in the constitutions of the United States and the State of New Jersey.
SERVICE: We provide service in a courteous, efficient, and accessible manner.
We foster community and employee involvement through problem-solving partnerships.
FAIRNESS: We treat all people impartially, with consideration and compassion. We are equally responsive to our employees and the community we serve.
Every day, victims of domestic violence, dating abuse and sexual assault, along with their children, are forced to navigate complex systems to receive critical services while gripped by fear and heartbreak. They need agencies to work together during the crisis and long after the crisis. For many victims, the journey of receiving services proves to be too difficult as they become burdened with going from place to place. In the process, many lose hope and return to their abusive situations.
The Morris Family Justice Center, http://morrisfjc.org/, offers the door to hope and safety for survivors and their families. Inside this one door, survivors are empowered to choose which services they need. The partner agencies work together to provide comprehensive, coordinated services to protect and restore their lives as well as those of their family.